It is my privilege and honour to serve as your new President of the Project Management Institute South Western Ontario Chapter (PMISWOC) for 2018. I am very excited to work with a great team of Board Directors and here is what the new board looks like:
- President, Emily Chan (email@example.com)
- Bruce Branch Chair, Birgit Djukanovic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- President Elect & VP Marketing Communications, Cindy Avrith (email@example.com)
- VP Finance, Mark Warren (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP Membership, Jeremy Neville (email@example.com)
- VP Volunteers, David Sumpton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP Professional Development, Kristin Greenham (email@example.com)
- VP Technology, Fabian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our chapter was established back in 1998 and has grown to over 600 members and counting! 2018 is PMI SWOC’s 20th birthday. The success of the chapter would not be possible without the active support of our members and volunteers. I would like to take this opportunity to recognize all of you.
Our chapter is growing strong and the future is exciting. All the positive feedback received from our chapter’s 15th Symposium participates demonstrated the quality of work our chapter has delivered. We are planning to deliver a full list of initiatives to add value to our membership. Please make sure to attend the chapter’s 20th anniversary celebration and annual general meeting on May 24 and find out the details in person.
Please remember PMI and PMI SWOC will always be by your side, helping you become indispensable to your organization through every stage of your Project Management career stages. It is important that you stay connected with us so we can work together to reach your professional goals. We look forward to seeing and hearing from you.
Emily Chan, PMP
2018 Symposium, our 15th annual was a phenomenal success! Thank you to our speakers, sponsors, and vendors. Additionally, THANK YOU to our Symposium Project Team for their tireless efforts to deliver this jam-packed day!
Highlights of the event:
- Live-streamed on social media
- Interactive panel discussion
- Agile poker
- Ridiculously happy breakout room
- Vendor passports
- Free headshots for social media
- A climb of Mt. Everest
- Over 20+ prizes handed out throughout the day
- Online/interactive survey tool (sli.do)
- Columbia passes and PMI SWOC popsockets in the SWAG bags!
PDUs were automatically applied for SWOC members. For those who are not chapter members, to obtain your event PDUs, the code is LN04192018 (please consider becoming a PMI SWOC Chapter member though, we are here to support you!)
Bonus content from one of our Symposium breakout speakers - Sylvia Plester-Silk:
April 15-21 was National Volunteer Week http://volunteer.ca/nvw2018. A big shout out to the amazing volunteer team at our chapter who work tirelessly on their personal time to bring you good value for your membership...Thank you!
We’re always seeking highly motivated self-starters to join our volunteer team. This is your opportunity to try a different role, learn to run a business, collaborate with awesome people to give back to the profession, strengthen your professional relationships!
Interested? Contact email@example.com
Annual General Meeting & 20th Anniversary Celebration!
Join us for a delightful evening to mix, mingle and participate in the chapter’s annual general meeting. Celebrate our 20th anniversary with us, including special guest Tony Appleby, MBA, PMP from PMI Global Headquarters
When: Thursday May 24, 2018
Where: Innovation Works - 201 King St
What time: 6pm-8:30pm
Cost: Free to members, $40 plus HST to guests
For more details and registration, click Register Now!
Take advantage of PMI SWOC’s reduced pricing on our top course materials from Velociteach.
Included in the kit:
- The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, 5th edition
- PMP Exam Quick Reference Guide – laminated cheat sheet
- Conversation on The PMP Exam - Audio CD’s
- Flash Cards – a set of 250 cards
- 3 month online course
- 5 month online practice exam
All of this for our low price of $80.00 CDN. Shipping prices apply if shipped. Study materials apply to PMP as well, just need to supplement 6th edition changes to this.
Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter Members Save US$300 on PMI® Global Conference 2018
PMI Global Conference 2018, the largest gathering of project management practitioners is now open for registration. This highly anticipated event brings together thousands of like-minded “champions of change” for three days of learning, networking and fun. Register by 25 July and take advantage of early-bird pricing—a savings of US$300.
30 April 2018
UK Organisations Showing Improved Project Performance
To read more articles, please visit PMI in the News on PMI.org.
- Real practical experience
- Opportunity to work with and learn from experienced professionals
- Opportunity to take on a role they wouldn’t normally be able to in their paid job
- Opportunity to try new ideas in a ‘safe’ environment
- Experience on resume (to that end we’re changing titles to Marketing Specialist with focus in the different areas )
- Access to chapter events free or at reduced rates
- PDUs if anyone is PMI certified
2018 Annual General Meeting & 20th Anniversary Celebration - May 24, 2018
Innovation Works London
For registration, click Register now!
June Event - Sarnia! Details TBD
Follow our calendar of events here!
Contact us at: email@example.com
Please let us know...
1. If you do want to be excluded from newsletter distribution list
2. If you want to keep your name private with no inclusion in our newsletter lists....
3. If you have suggestions to our newsletter content or chapter activities...