To our Valued Members,
I hope you and your family are enjoying the beautiful summer and would like to take this opportunity to share our chapter's accomplishments as well as all the upcoming exciting initiatives.
It is our chapter's 20th anniversary this year. What a great achievement for PMI SWOC! Thanks to all our dedicated members and volunteers for your continuous support and hope to see you at our upcoming events so we can continue to celebrate with you.
Accomplishments to date:
- 2017 member survey - 72% overall member satisfaction that is increased by 15% from 2016.
- 15th annual Symposium - great turn out and feedback.
- 1st joint chapter event with PMI Toronto - a fresh approach, 2 speakers in 2 cities presenting over the internet in the same event.
- Partnership with various like-minded organizations to promote Project Management skills and knowledge of members and community.
- ASQ (American Society of Quality)
- APICS (The Association of Operations Management)
- University of Windsor
- St. Clair College (Windsor)
- International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
- Successful academic outreach - Introducing PMI and PMI SWOC to the class of University of Windsor Master Program
- Completed 2015 to 2017 financial auditing. Please log in to the membership area to review the 2018 AGM meeting minutes and the 2015, 2016 and 2017 audited financial statements.
- PMI SWOC board members participating the 2018 PMI Region 3 Summit - Great collaboration with the other region 3 PMI chapter leaders to add value to your membership.
In flight and upcoming 2018 initiatives:
- Chapter Website Refresh - kicked off this month
- New Member Orientation (July 30, Sept 22 (see Meet & Greet below) & Dec TBD)
- Chapter Member Experience Committee Meeting (Q4, 2018)
- Monthly events - several planned for Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec
- Annual Chapter Meet & Greet and New Member Orientation- Sept 22
- Chapter Mentorship Program (Q3. 2018)
- PMI SWOC Habitat Build Day (Q3/Q4, 2018)
- Remaining 2018 Monthly events starting withJuly 30th networking event at Joe Kool's
2019 business planning will start in September. Your input is key to enhance your membership experience. Email us at email@example.com with ideas and suggestions.
We are always looking for new volunteers. Please check out PMI VRMS for the current volunteering opportunities (select "South Western Ontario Chapter under "Chapters/Global Operations Center" drop down box) or email David Sumpton, VP Volunteer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you so much for your continuous support!
Emily Chan, PMP
President, PMI SWOC
Here are some of the 2018 AGM/20th anniversary celebration and the 2018 - 15th Annual Symposium moments captured in pictures.
2018 - AGM & 20th anniversary celebration: https://pmiswoc.starchapter.com/gallery.php?id=8&draft=1
2018 - 15th Annual Symposium: https://pmiswoc.starchapter.com/gallery.php?id=7&draft=1
Visit Project Management.com to expand your network and connect with PM Professionals!
We now have the IIL and PMI SWOC co-brand website for the online PMP and CAPM prep courses and IIL conference courses effective July 1 2018. Follow the links below for more information.
- Real practical experience
- Opportunity to work with and learn from experienced professionals
- Opportunity to take on a role they wouldn’t normally be able to in their paid job
- Opportunity to try new ideas in a ‘safe’ environment
- Experience on resume (to that end we’re changing titles to Marketing Specialist with focus in the different areas )
- Access to chapter events free or at reduced rates
- PDUs if anyone is PMI certified
Tuesday, September 25, PMI SWOC Speed Networking event - Look out for more details!
Contact us at: email@example.com
Please let us know...
1. If you do want to be excluded from newsletter distribution list
2. If you want to keep your name private with no inclusion in our newsletter lists....
3. If you have suggestions to our newsletter content or chapter activities...