News and Info
2021 PMI-SWOC Board of Directors Election
Dear PMI Member,
South Western Ontario Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI) is holding a Board of Directors election for six positions. The positions open are:
- Secretary – 2 years commitment (2021, 2022)
- Vice President, Finance - 2 years commitment (2020, 2021)
- Vice President, Marketing and Communications - 2 years term commitment (2021, 2022)
- Vice President, Membership - 2 years term commitment (2020, 2021)
- Vice President, Volunteers - 2 years term commitment (2021, 2022)
- Vice President, Professional Development - 2 years commitment (2021, 2022)
The governance of PMI-SWOC is done by a volunteer board of directors elected by valued members like you. We need your invaluable support again to elect the capable members to the vacant positions to serve on the Board of Directors for the 2020-2021 term except the Vice President, Professional Development position which is for 2021-2022 term. Your vote and your say are very important to us and it has a direct influence on the performance and uplift of our Institute. Take part in this excellent opportunity and govern the future of PMI.
Position description and Nomination forms are attached below;
2021 PMISWOC Board Nominee Form - Click Here
2021 PMISWOC Board Position Description - Click Here
Benefits of serving on PMI SWOC Board of Directors
- Sharpen your skills in leadership, strategic thinking and diplomacy
- Build your business acumen skills
- Contribute to your community and the project management profession
- Earn PDUs while serving the board to meet the evolving needs of your profession.
- Make key contacts within the project management community & expand your professional network
- Have fun working with inspiring, exhilarating team members
Any member of the PMI South Western Ontario Chapter in good standing is eligible to be a candidate for election and become a Director of the Chapter. Nominations require a Proposer and a Seconder, who must also be Chapter’s member in good standing.
Should you wish to be nominated for a Board role:
- Arrange for an email to be sent to the Nominating Committee as follows:
- Proposer to send email to the Committee, proposing your nomination;
- Seconder who agrees with the proposal, to be copied on the email;
- Candidate who agrees with the nomination, also to be copied.
- Email to include PMI Member Numbers for Proposer, Seconder, Candidate.
- As the Candidate, send a separate email with the completed Nomination Form to the Committee ([email protected]) by Monday, October, 12th, 2020 midnight, copied to the Proposer and Seconder, including your consent to seek election, meet with the Committee to discuss interests, and to serve if so elected
- Schedule (subject to candidate interviews and any required PMI services)
The timeline for the election process is given below:
- September 29th (Tuesday) - Nominations open
- October 12th (Monday midnight) - Final deadline to submit the nomination
- October 23rd (Friday) - Open electronic voting, to be led by PMI
- November 5th (Thursday) - Finalize electronic voting by Members
- November 6th (Friday) - Announcement of any elected Board members
The election is conducted electronically in a secure environment. The election will start on October 23rd (Friday), 2020 and the voting will remain open until November 5th (Thursday), 2020. Personalized electronic ballots will be emailed to eligible members in the week of October 23rd, 2020. Completed ballots will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. EST on November 5th (Thursday), 2020.
When you receive your ballot, please take a moment to participate in the election of your Board. Make your vote count.
Thank you very much for your help and support.
Nominating Committee [email protected]
James Adedi, Joao Henrique Freitas Andrade and Priya Unnithan