Ontario Road Show in London
Kamran Khan (SWOC VP, Professional Development) is pleased to announce Ontario Road Show in London. We have an excellent speaker for this event. (Bio Attached). He will talk about “Managing Organizational Change”.
PMI Person of the Year (2006)
Past President of the New York City PMI Chapter,
Past Chairman of the PMI Education Special Interest Group (EdSIG)
Change management is nothing new to the project manager. A process for change is a standard requirement for any project large or small and having a process in place helps to manage through the many challenges of change including resistance from stakeholders. The project change process is similar to the processes of organizational change. The process must be well thought out and the effect of change anticipated. The impact of major changes within an organization can be substantial and in many cases, destructive, requiring the leaders to carefully develop their strategies for change. The main focus of that strategy is to create a change ready organization where the team members and employees understand why change is necessary, how it can affect the future, and why it is important to support and embrace change. This presentation addresses the effect of change within an organization and offers suggestions about how to plan for change, how to involve the entire organization, and how to minimize the fear and anxiety generally associated with change.
Looking forward to seeing you there! Registration is required as space is limited.
Ontario Road Show Meeting: October 30, 2013
Title: Managing Organizational Change
Key Note Speaker: Frank Saladis
Who Should Attend? Project Managers, Project Sponsors, team leaders, directors, supervisors, employees at any level who desire to improve their ability to communicate change decisions effectively, cope with the impact of change and respond positively to change
Venue: Dearview Room -The Windermere Manor, 200 Collip Circle, London, Ontario N6G 4X8
Phone: 519 858-1414; Toll Free 1-800-997-4477
Doors Open: 8:00 AM
8:00 AM to 9:00 AM – Registration and Networking
9:00 AM to 12:30 PM –Keynote Address
12:30 PM to 1:00 PM – Questions/Answers
Note-1: Business Casual dress code is in effect.
Note-2: Plenty of free parking is available at the premises.
Note-3: Refreshments will be served.
Note-4: Three PDUs will be awarded. PDU Code: LN131030
- Assessment of change management skills
- The change control process
- Preparing to become change ready
- Sources of organizational change
- Lessons learned about organizational change
- Indicators of change
- Charging up an organization to expect and accept change
- Strategies for communicating and managing change
- Identify the major challenges associated with organizational change
- Improve awareness of the impact of change on team members and employees
- Provide techniques for determining individual and organizational change readiness
- Provide tools and techniques for developing a change management strategy
- Minimize the negative or destructive effects of change
- Develop solutions to resolve conflicts and influence team members to accept and support change
How You Will Benefit
- Turn existing difficult situations into opportunities for organizational advancement
- Create an organization that will expect and be prepared for change
- Develop a positive attitude toward change
$69.00 Member Ticket
$99.00 This ticket is for guests
$49.00 This ticket is only for students!